68 Crown in Kansas City

Share and discuss online auctions and sales related to Imperial vehicles.
improller

68 Crown in Kansas City

Post by improller »

Nice looking hardtop. Wish they had posted some pictures of the inside, can't tell if it's a home for rats or if it smells like nice leather. I guess you have to assume the former. :)

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/ ... 45812.html
Attachments
00I0I_8TWSWVS5z8L_1200x900.jpg
00I0I_8TWSWVS5z8L_1200x900.jpg (49.67 KiB) Viewed 3560 times

DetMatt1

Re: 68 Crown in Kansas City

Post by DetMatt1 »

That’s an awful lot to ask for a car that may or may not run even if the interior is decent and everything else works. My .02.
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

DetMatt1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:22 am That’s an awful lot to ask for a car that may or may not run even if the interior is decent and everything else works. My .02.
But it's been freshly washed, that has to be worth a few thousand, right? :)

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

ImperialAtom wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:22 pm
DetMatt1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:22 am That’s an awful lot to ask for a car that may or may not run even if the interior is decent and everything else works. My .02.
But it's been freshly washed, that has to be worth a few thousand, right? :)
I will give it to him that he’s done the absolute minimum effort-wise to try and sell it.
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

OldChargerGuy

Post by OldChargerGuy »

I'm looking into this car. I've been wanting a '68 Imperial for years. I'll let you all know what I find out . . . my expectations are low.
OldChargerGuy
1968 Imperial Crown Hardtop Sedan
1968 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge Charger

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

OldChargerGuy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:55 pm I'm looking into this car. I've been wanting a '68 Imperial for years. I'll let you all know what I find out . . . my expectations are low.
If you take some pictures, would love to see them. The pictures on the listing are very blurry so can't really see what condition it's in. And without any interior shots, it may not even have an interior, who knows. As DetMatt said, he's done the minimum possible to list it.

OldChargerGuy

Post by OldChargerGuy »

ImperialAtom wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:30 pm
OldChargerGuy wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:55 pm I'm looking into this car. I've been wanting a '68 Imperial for years. I'll let you all know what I find out . . . my expectations are low.
If you take some pictures, would love to see them. The pictures on the listing are very blurry so can't really see what condition it's in. And without any interior shots, it may not even have an interior, who knows. As DetMatt said, he's done the minimum possible to list it.
Will do, Adam. I sent a message to the seller a few days ago asking if the car is still available. I haven't heard back from him yet. If I hear from him, I have some basic questions to ask. If his responses pass my judgement, then I'll plan a trip to St. Louis to look at it. I'll at least have to bring a battery, maybe an air compressor, not sure what else.
One of my big concerns about the exterior is the apparent lack of a vinyl top, but it's hard to tell in the photos. It would be very unusual for it to be a "vinyl top delete" car, so if it's gone, that means its been repainted. I'm wary of cars that have been repainted unless I can see a photo record of the restoration (how bad was it before new paint?). Any other advice from your experience? My two antique cars came to me from family, there was no concern about the car's history or condition. I knew it all, pretty much. St. Louis is a 13-hour drive from my town, so it will be a little expensive to inspect the car. It's something I believe I should do myself when I can.
OldChargerGuy

OldChargerGuy

Post by OldChargerGuy »

I clicked on the Craigslist link today to get the seller's phone number. He hasn't replied to my email dated January 21. Unfortunately, the ad has expired. Until we see something more on this '68 Imperial, or John does reply to my first message, it's a dead end.
Continuing to search . . .
OldChargerGuy