THE JIM GESSWEIN COLLECTION

Share and discuss online auctions and sales related to Imperial vehicles.
gary h

THE JIM GESSWEIN COLLECTION

Post by gary h »

Lots of Imperial Eye Candy up for Auction This Sat 7/18. Enjoy !

https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auc ... ollection/

Sluggo

Re: THE JIM GESSWEIN COLLECTION

Post by Sluggo »

I went overboard and bought the 1967 LeBaron. Only about 30% finished with my 1967 Crown (4 dr. HT) which I"m now going to have to sell to pay for the LeBaron... There were some beautiful cars that brought prices higher than I ever would have thought.
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

That was a very nice looking LeBaron you won. Share some pictures after you pick her up. Can't believe how low that 55 Imperial went for. I would gladly pay that for a 55.

Too Many Mopars

Post by Too Many Mopars »

Yeah the winning prices were all over the place - funniest thing were the 2 Superbirds - one got a high bid of something like $130,000 but didn't meet reserve, and the other got a winning bid of $112,000 which did meet reserve.

Then you had the 59 Dodge Royal Custom Lancer D-500 which went for over double what it was probably worth at $102,500, but the gorgeous 60 Crown convertible only got to $60,000 which didn't meet reserve (probably worth 80-90,000)

Anyway, I'm the happy winner of the 74 LeBaron :-D Paid more than I had planned to but still not too bad a deal (hopefully!). I'm looking to possibly take a flight out there and drive it home (crazy idea that was just hatched a couple days ago) but I talked with Jim Gesswein and he recommended a service inspection first, which they have scheduled for next week.
Too Many Mopars: 2015 Challenger; 2007 Magnum; 1989 New Yorker; 1974 LeBaron :D :D :D :D

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Congrats on the new 74 Lebaron!

Those cars were in excellent shape. I would take a chance driving it home if the tires look good, but I would have a few jugs of antifreeze, about 5 quarts of oil, and a good fire extinguisher with me. Keep the extinguisher in the front seat with you. :)

Let us know how the trip goes if you do decide to take it.

Too Many Mopars

Haha for sure! That is a good idea with the fire extinguisher :-o

Will see what the inspection report says and decide from there. I haven't cancelled the shipper yet (they were recommended by Gesswein but were backed up so they wouldn't be able to come out there for 3-4 weeks) so there's still that option.
Too Many Mopars: 2015 Challenger; 2007 Magnum; 1989 New Yorker; 1974 LeBaron :D :D :D :D

Too Many Mopars

Extremely pleased to report that the only issues needing attention were a new fuel filter and the AC recharged. So looks like I'm good to go; just have to make all the arrangements but looking to do it this weekend :-D

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Good luck! Should be a fun trip!

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

Indeed, congrats!
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

gary h

Post by gary h »

Hope the trip is Drama free ! To me it appeared many of Jim's cars had been Stored for a long time. Many Bias tires present. They appeared to be in dry storage and Low miles ,A good Recipe for me. Mainly upgrades (new fluids and rubber) needed.