Right Hand Outside Rear View Mirror

Share and discuss online auctions and sales related to Imperial vehicles.
DonFromTexas

Right Hand Outside Rear View Mirror

Post by DonFromTexas »

I ordered and received the mirror that Van's has advertised as for a 1959 Imperial. It is a very well made and beautiful mirror, but is NOT a 1959 Imperial one. I suspect it is for a later model perhaps, does anyone have mirror photos to compare? The 59 used THREE vertical supports, this only has two and the wings are different as well.
Attachments
njimp50.jpg

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: Right Hand Outside Rear View Mirror

Post by ImperialAtom »

That looks like a 57 or 58. I'll hunt around some for a 59 and see if I can find a picture.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

That looks pretty close to all the pictures I'm seeing. The difference is the middle post is the mirror control on the driver side. Here's a set on moparmall that come with the remote control parts: https://www.moparmall.com/Remote-Contro ... -039_b.htm

I think you got the right mirrors, just missing the center rod that would hold the control cable.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

I should have been more clear, I have another 1959, Rose, that came from the factory with a right hand outside mirror, so I know EXACTLY what they should look like. I agree to the purpose of the center support, but Imperial did not want to have two mirrors that were different. I have had it off, there never was any remote stuff in it, was not an option. The ones from moparmall you cited, are the same that Vans sells, and are somewhat close but not very authentic. In addition to missing the center support, the wings of the upper part are different as well. Someone apparently had not noticed that when contracting for a reproduction, possibly so they could pass them off for more years. Interesting that despite being the exact same mirrors, moparmall lists them for different applications than Vans does. They cannot both be correct.
The first and last photos are of a factory mirror for 59
Attachments
mm.jpg
mm1.jpg
mm3.jpg
mm4.jpg

gary h

Post by gary h »

Is it safe to assume the Repops are made in China ?

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Probably, but the problem is the company claiming they are the wrong years to sell more.

gary h

Post by gary h »

"Probably, but the problem is the company claiming they are the wrong years to sell more."

Yea,I hear you. Maybe Lack of research is a factor too.
I wonder how they look after a few years installed.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

I think the quality is plenty good, looks like it would stand up well. The owner has been spoken to and agrees, but he still has them listed as exact duplicate of the 1959 Imperial. I think that speaks to the motive.