'93 Imperial 48k miles for sale

Have a car or part to sell? Looking for a part or car to buy? Post WTS and WTB ads here.
GBarks

'93 Imperial 48k miles for sale

Post by GBarks »

My father in law recently passed and left his '93 Imperial to my son. He was a merchant marine captain so the car stayed covered and stored the majority of the time he owned it. It had 41k miles when he bought it and it has 47950 miles now. My son is a jobless college kid so we are looking to sell the car and use the proceeds on his college loans.
The car is White with blue interior. The body and interior are flawless. Tires are new and the engine runs well. The flaws that I know of: Windshield wiper arms stay still when engaged, trunk key does not work must be opened with the button in the glove box and the digital fuel gauge in the dash works sometimes, but mostly not.

If anyone is interested or has advice about correcting one of the flaws we are all ears. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20200811_155418.jpg
IMG_20200811_155803.jpg
IMG_20200811_155808.jpg

Too Many Mopars

Re: '93 Imperial 48k miles for sale

Post by Too Many Mopars »

Very sorry for your loss.

Looks like it's in great shape! Unfortunately I just checked Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) and it's showing a private party value of only about $1,400. That's just a rough estimate of course - once cars reach "classic" stage (over 25 years) it's much more based on the individual car's condition and what the market is looking for. Might find a collector willing to pay more because overall it seems pretty solid.

Sorry I can't help more but all the best to you & your son.
Too Many Mopars: 2015 Challenger; 2007 Magnum; 1989 New Yorker; 1974 LeBaron :D :D :D :D

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

A #3 condition '93 Imperial according to the 2020 price guide book is showing about $4700. If it's considered #2 condition then it's up around $7400, but based on your description, I don't know if I would consider it a #2.

GBarks

Post by GBarks »

Thanks for the replies gents. We had it titled to my wife, so she has full say on what happens with the sale price. I personally would be OK with selling it for the KBB excellent rating of $2400, then refunding whatever it costs to repair the wipers. That would seem fair to me. My wife might be another story. Her dad loved this car. He spent a fortune over the last 20+ years storing it and he would never hear of selling it. He lived abroad for work, but he always wanted his girl ready to go when he came back to the states. We convinced him to store it in our garage for the last five or so years so that it would be easier for me to keep it maintained. Running down to the storage facility got old in a hurry. If anyone here is interested, just make us a offer and I will work with my wife to try and bring her around. We are not in a terrible rush to sell. Though I would love to have my extra garage slot back. I am willing to give it a few months to try and find her a good home. The Imperial not the wife lol.

ReyDL

Post by ReyDL »

That really looks in mint condition! My uncle used to own one back in the 90's and I'll ask if he's interested. I'm going to help him install the parts from 4Wheelonline onto his truck this weekend.

GBarks

Post by GBarks »

Sounds good. Thanks. The wife would definitely prefer it go to someone who loves it like her dad did.

ReyDL

Post by ReyDL »

I'm gonna shoot you a PM if he's interested.