WTS - 1957 - 1966 Imperial Door Hinge Keeper

Have a car or part to sell? Looking for a part or car to buy? Post WTS and WTB ads here.
Danno

WTS - 1957 - 1966 Imperial Door Hinge Keeper

Post by Danno »

Is the door keeper on the hinge of your 1957 to 1966 Imperial broken? This is the crescent shaped part that has notches in it to hold the door open at the half way open position and the full open position so it doesn't swing closed on your leg as you get in and out. They are often broken. I make and sell exact reproductions of these that are made from an improved alloy and properly heat treated. Each kit includes one new keeper plate, one new spring, one new rivet, two new wave washers, one push nut for the rivet and instructions on how to successfully complete the repair without having to remove the door from the vehicle. The cost of each kit is $60 and that includes free shipping to a U.S. address. I can accept Paypal. Please contact me for international shipping cost. I also have the long rivet and roller that fit into the notch on the keeper and those two pieces are sold as a separate kit. To purchase or for more information please contact me at: dantiques@sbcglobal.net
Attachments
DSC00393.JPG

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: !957 - 1966 Imperial Door Hinge Keeper

Post by ImperialAtom »

Thanks Danno, I'll be a customer once I get around to fixing that part. I've heard others have had good success with your door fix.

gary h

Re: WTS - 1957 - 1966 Imperial Door Hinge Keeper

Post by gary h »

I Installed Danno's Hinge kits over a year ago on both my '66 Coupe & Conv.. and they are still working great. These are heavy doors and it's nice for them to function as intended. I was able to do the job with the doors in place. Although Patience is a virtue ! :) :) Imperially ,Gary...

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: WTS - 1957 - 1966 Imperial Door Hinge Keeper

Post by ImperialAtom »

Gary, want to come help me complete the install on my cars? :)