Rear AC Air Intake Grille

Have a car or part to sell? Looking for a part or car to buy? Post WTS and WTB ads here.
DonFromTexas

Rear AC Air Intake Grille

Post by DonFromTexas »

These are all trashed it seems, no aftermarket for them either, so I made a 3d printer copy from original parts. I had a couple of extra made, so message me if you need one. Fits 1959 Imperial and I am not sure what others.
Attachments
slcimp283.jpg
slcimp258.jpg

gary h

Re: Rear AC Air Intake Grille

Post by gary h »

Great idea !

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

I tried that not long ago and failed at it. Couldn't get the 3d modelling software to work correctly.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Don't feel bad, I actually bought a 3d printer, and decided early on I did not want to invest the time and energy learning how to make it work. Sold that sucker and found a kid out west that loves to make things with his, and hired him. The results were quite remarkable, He did this without ever even seeing the original! Took my measurements and digital photos and made it. I only wish my old Imperial had more plastic parts to reproduce!

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

They make plastic for the printers that contains wood, metal, and other materials that provide a different finish that isn't such a plastic look/feel. So you might have him try one of those.