Project Under Consideration

Have a car or part to sell? Looking for a part or car to buy? Post WTS and WTB ads here.
DonFromTexas

Project Under Consideration

Post by DonFromTexas »

Don't you think everybody needs a 56 to pet, I do.
Attachments
56Imp.jpg

slantflat

Re: Project Under Consideration

Post by slantflat »

That is beautiful! Even all dirty and sitting up. It's a toss up which car is my favorite, the 56 or the 62. I already have the 62 so a 56 is next. Don is this a car that's for sale, a car you just saw sitting, or a car you are going to buy/have bought already?

You guys remember the black 56 that was for sale in Vermont a couple years ago? That car would be mine now if it weren't in Vermont and me in Georgia. Vermont is an awful place to go retrieve a car from. This I learned the hard way.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

It is only a couple hours away, my brother lives nearby it and is going to go verify that it actually exists and give me some more photos, I am quite sure I will end up owning it.

slantflat

Post by slantflat »

She will be a beauty when finished. Love that green. I'm thinking white roof though...

Good luck with the whole thing. Will look nice sitting next to your Ruby.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Deal was apparently a scam. Guy had no title, it was parked someplace at some persons house he had no access to take photos, I was not allowed to send someone to even see if it existed and when pushed, it was sold. Probably one he saw somewhere and saw an opportunity. I have had over two dozen of these types deals, always the same excuses.
Still I hope it goes to someone who will restore it, has sat long enough.

slantflat

Post by slantflat »

Well that's too bad. Odd car to try to scam someone with.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Not at all! It appears that most people wanting to buy old cars have some spare cash and know they have to move fast or lose the deal I think. That was closer to a $5000 deal, so someone less cautions than I would willingly paypal or money order $2000 thinking he had a heck of a deal. It apparently works well, if he only had 10 sckers, he walked away with $20,000.00 all in one day!
I don't know this for a fact, only that it was a suspicious type transaction typical of the scammers. He may have been pressured for who knows what to sell it fast.