Dura Brake Rotors

The most rusty of parts are discussed here - brakes, suspension, and exhaust.
Sluggo

Dura Brake Rotors

Post by Sluggo »

Now I'm working on the 1967 Crown. Received the DuraBrake rotors and had a shop change over the hubs to the new rotors, along with the inner bearing race. Now the rig sits about 1/2 inch too far down from the "top" of the spindle. It is as if the hub should not have a race pressed into it and the bearing simply sits in the hub... Has anyone encountered this issue?
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron

ReyDL

Re: Dura Brake Rotors

Post by ReyDL »

How's your research so far? MY buddy's uncle got a '68(?) Crown and they recently upgrade its brake. I'll be coming over to buddy's garage this weekend to help him install the shocks and dually wheels on his Superduty project. I Will let you know what brake rotors they got.

Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

ReyDL wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 pm How's your research so far? MY buddy's uncle got a '68(?) Crown and they recently upgrade its brake. I'll be coming over to buddy's garage this weekend to help him install the shocks and dually wheels on his Superduty project. I Will let you know what brake rotors they got.
Thank you, The bearings are the same I.D. and O.D.; I've pulled another "original" hub and rotor and will take to the shop an compare measurements of the cup/race. That is the only thing I can think of at this point.
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron

Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

Found the issue - wrong bearing race/cup. Took it back to the shop and now everything is just fine!
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron