Imperial parts peddlers and addicts...

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
DonFromTexas

Re: Imperial parts peddlers and addicts...

Post by DonFromTexas »

This is a copy of a post I made over on the 59 Imperial board. EBay price $68, Rock Auto $9, for AC Delco ball joints!

"Don From Texas Crown 4DR HT
This is something that really gets to me and appeals to my certified tightwad certification. You can buy ball joints for $68 apiece or $9 apiece, your choice, same brand. MUCH of our cars items are being resold this way. Buyer beware!

May 24, 2020 9:37am Edit"

gary h

Post by gary h »

Yes, Supply and Demand is a Factor. But you paying for the Part to be removed too.If a vendor has stored the part for years they may want more money.I have always done better with a Hobbyist as opposed to a Business. Prices vary from Vendor to Vendor I see this with NOS parts all the time.

mikes2nd

Post by mikes2nd »

thats those "rare parts" guys... f'ing crook.. sells the same parts and marks them up 500%...

Relys on people not shopping around... sells through napa. I think i found most of my parts, some people are reasonable it seems. I think I am in pretty good shape... when I get around to the car I should be set really well for parts. Some I double I can ever get though for a 60 2 dr ht. I found one quarter panel trim piece!
1960 Imperial Coupe

gary h

Post by gary h »

Imperial parts prices are all over the place. It all depends on who is selling them.