ID 1920s Imperial with Lindbergh

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
withoutnoise

ID 1920s Imperial with Lindbergh

Post by withoutnoise »

Hi, all,

Brand-new member here. My grandfather and then my father owned a Chrysler-Plymouth dealer in Arkansas starting in 1925 (the dealership was closed in 1969). In going through my late father's storage space, I've come across many items from the dealership that I'm looking for help identifying. I very much appreciate any guidance you can give me.

The first is this photograph of Charles Lindbergh and a Chrysler at what I suspect is the San Diego airfield. I'm looking for the year and model of the car in the picture. The photo likely hung in the dealership in the 1920s-30s. I have no idea where my grandfather might have acquired it from. My research online has turned up no record of Lindy having had any kind of endorsement deal with Chrysler (he apparently owned a Stutz and Henry Ford gave him a car). It could be that he's just posing with someone here. If anyone knows more about Lindbergh's relationship with Chrysler (if there was one), then I'd love to hear that as well.

A photography expert confirmed it as a vintage print dating from the 1920s, and an official at the Lindbergh house museum in Minnesota said she'd never seen this particular photograph but that it was Lindbergh in it.

Thanks in advance for your Chrysler (and other) expertise!

Jay Jennings
Attachments
IMG_8090.jpeg