Reproduction Boot Covers

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: Reproduction Boot Covers

Post by ImperialAtom »

I wonder how expensive it would be to have someone create a batch of these. Anyone have any clue who I could contact to find out?

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

ImperialAtom wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:56 pm I wonder how expensive it would be to have someone create a batch of these. Anyone have any clue who I could contact to find out?
I think there’s a company making them for Cadillacs and Lincolns, maybe they could help.
The guy that made these fiberglass ones is likely long gone and so are the molds I’m sure. Norman(watchfatha) knew a lot about him. He sounded like quite a character.
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

Ottawa Mike

Post by Ottawa Mike »

I'll buy a pair for my 1964. Also there is a guy looking for some in the classifieds of the club. I may have the right emblems also. I have a lot of extra parts and may have spares. Just not sure what the size is.

gary h

Post by gary h »

I had the center section made locally by a Automotive Uphostery shop.
Attachments
PTDC0012.JPG
PTDC0012.JPG (198.03 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
PTDC0014.JPG
PTDC0014.JPG (183.64 KiB) Viewed 4134 times

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

That looks really nice! Aren't you worried someone will walk by and take the end covers though?

I went to a movie when it was pouring down rain in an '03 Escalade and someone still took the time to steal the wheel covers off that car. Something worth hundreds of dollars just sitting there makes me nervous. Wish there was a cheap aftermarket option so if it's stolen I'm out maybe 100 bucks and I don't lose the originals to the car.

gary h

Post by gary h »

"That looks really nice! Aren't you worried someone will walk by and take the end covers though?"

Yea,They can be a Pain to remove in a hurry. I don't leave the Imp unattended very long. To many jealous people out there .I worry about someone flicking a Cigarette on the seats. I do take this Imp to the Movies ! Drive-In movies only ! That way I can keep an eye on the car ! LOL
Attachments
PTDC0188.JPG
PTDC0188.JPG (153.98 KiB) Viewed 4131 times

jaycollins05

Post by jaycollins05 »

I am new to the site so just now reading this. I have a pair of original black boot covers from a '65 convert I restored 30 yrs ago (car was sold without the covers). they are not perfect (some distortion due to time in sun), and one has small 2" crack at back end. I'm happy to part with them. If interested, please email juliecollins824@sbcglobal.net

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

I'm really looking for a set of reproductions so if they get stolen, it's not that big of a loss. Those originals you have are likely worth 500 or more if they are in decent shape. And I wouldn't leave a $500 item laying on my car in the parking lot - not these days. :)

Ottawa Mike

Post by Ottawa Mike »

Can anyone confirm that they would fit on a 64?

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

I cannot confirm it, but I believe most items like this were the same from 64-66. Those years used many of the same parts.