Let's Introduce ourselves.

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
Too Many Mopars

Re: Let's Introduce ourselves.

Post by Too Many Mopars »

Hi, just joined! I'm Cliff from Caldwell, NJ and chose the username Too Many Mopars as I live in a condo complex with limited parking, but since January I've gone from one car to four :-D

For 2 1/2 years my only car was a 15 Challenger R/T - put Blizzaks on in the winter and it was good to go in the snow. This past January I decided a 2nd car was in order, in part to preserve the Challenger better but also because of shop time for various stuff done to it plus an accident that was driving up the rental car costs, so I got an 07 Magnum AWD in decent but not the best shape.

Memorial Day weekend I noticed a neighbor had their garage door open and what looked like a Dynasty inside. It turned out to be an 89 New Yorker which had sat in the garage for over 3 years and long story short he was looking to get rid of it so for the price of a tow it was mine :-)

Finally, I've always wanted an Imperial since a very young age (I fell in love because of the "birdie on the back" of the 64-66 models). In 1990 I had the chance to purchase a 65 Crown 4 door in very decent condition for only $2000 but passed because I lived in an apartment complex at the time (funny how that's not stopping me now :-D ). I came across the Gesswein auction a couple weeks before it was held and drooled over the 60's Imperials but knew they were out of my price range so I focused on the 70's ones and ended up getting the 74 LeBaron. Still waiting to have it shipped and there's a possibility I might fly out there and drive it home (crazy idea hatched a few days ago) but want it inspected first so they're scheduled to do that next week.
Too Many Mopars: 2015 Challenger; 2007 Magnum; 1989 New Yorker; 1974 LeBaron :D :D :D :D

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Welcome to the forum, Cliff! Where are you storing all these cars? I am also out of space and renting a storage unit, but didn't know if you had found some cost effective way to store all these new cars you have come to own.

Too Many Mopars

ImperialAtom wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:10 pm Welcome to the forum, Cliff! Where are you storing all these cars? I am also out of space and renting a storage unit, but didn't know if you had found some cost effective way to store all these new cars you have come to own.
Thanks!

So far have worked around keeping them all here. I have a single car garage and space in the driveway for one more, plus I was able to work out with a neighbor who lives elsewhere to use their driveway space and I :might: be able to fit two cars in that driveway or use the street in front of the driveway (taking a chance on the backing up abilities of the neighbors across the street :-o )

I did look into off-site storage before working out the deal with the neighbor and locally a 10x30 parking space was about $150 a month, but nothing was available at the time.
Too Many Mopars: 2015 Challenger; 2007 Magnum; 1989 New Yorker; 1974 LeBaron :D :D :D :D

Too Many Mopars

Here's my driveway and spacious garage (and 15 Challenger)
Attachments
115932575_3080430952004196_4524921781085916602_o.jpg

gary h

Post by gary h »

Nice Chally !

Too Many Mopars

gary h wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 amNice Chally !
Thanks!

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

The link wasn't working for me... added your image to your post so everyone can see it.

Too Many Mopars

Thanks! I wasn't sure how to upload from my computer so I copied the link from my Facebook page

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Too Many Mopars wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:42 pm Thanks! I wasn't sure how to upload from my computer so I copied the link from my Facebook page
To upload pictures, just go into the FULL EDITOR mode and drag your picture file right over the big text area. It will show a dash line around the box - when you see this, just let go of the image on the text area and it will upload as an attachment. You should see see it in the attachment section if you scroll down before posting. That's it, just drag-n-drop. Does not work on the quick post at the end of threads, you have to click the full editor button first.

Too Many Mopars

Trying it out on my phone as an attachment :-)
Attachments
20200718_162219.jpg