Let's Introduce ourselves.

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
1957_Imperial

Re: Let's Introduce ourselves.

Post by 1957_Imperial »

well done Tony enjoy on the road from New Zealand
Graham Rollo, New Zealand
1930 Ford Model A coupe
1939 Chev tudor sedan
1956 Buick Riveria coupe
1956 Continental Mark II
!957 Imperial Southampton Coupe
1987 Harley FXR

DonFromTexas

Ruby and Rose.

Post by DonFromTexas »

I was not done with my first restoration project when another dropped in my lap. The first is gray rose metallic, so she is name Rose, the second is Deep Ruby metallic, so she is Ruby. I love it.
This one is as nasty as they come I am sure, just look at her. Then look at the brakes, engine and transmission. All renewed very professionally. Of only 1347 Crown Sedans made, I can only find 17 including this one, many of those are in junk yards or overseas. Being good at demo derby contests, it took its toll!
Attachments
njimp1 (2).png
njimp1 (2).png (152.06 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
njmp4.png
njmp4.png (621.79 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
njimp8.jpg
EngineIn1 (1).png
EngineIn1 (1).png (123.03 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
BackPlateF1 (1).png
BackPlateF1 (1).png (110.37 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
Side2_Web.png
Side2_Web.png (47.34 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
njimp1.png
njimp1.png (58.12 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
njimp.png
njimp.png (75.37 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
njimp14.jpg
njimp13.jpg

Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

Hello All,

I'm Doug Sako (Sluggo) I live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. I now have a 67 LeBaron, my 2nd, which I picked up from the Gesswein Auction. I have always liked the forward look years but for some reason have a hang up for the 67s. My dad was a Chrysler mechanic in Detroit for many years and found a way to drive nothing but New Yorkers and Imperials, I've inherited his admiration for all things Pentastar. My 15 yr old son has also caught the bug and works hard on the car for that day when he can drive it. Our family is always up for meeting other Mopar fans, but in particular anyone around PA, OH or MI reply and maybe we can meet to compare notes, stories and admire cars.
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Hey Doug - I used to live in Pittsburgh for about a year back in 2001. I make my way over there once in a while to see a friend who's into the radio collecting hobby, so will have to meet up one day when it gets warmer and there's fewer viruses flying about. :)

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

Sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:14 pm Hello All,

I'm Doug Sako (Sluggo) I live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA. I now have a 67 LeBaron, my 2nd, which I picked up from the Gesswein Auction. I have always liked the forward look years but for some reason have a hang up for the 67s. My dad was a Chrysler mechanic in Detroit for many years and found a way to drive nothing but New Yorkers and Imperials, I've inherited his admiration for all things Pentastar. My 15 yr old son has also caught the bug and works hard on the car for that day when he can drive it. Our family is always up for meeting other Mopar fans, but in particular anyone around PA, OH or MI reply and maybe we can meet to compare notes, stories and admire cars.
Hey Doug, I’m in the Detroit area and have a couple of ‘67 Coupes and am about to pick up a convertible this week but it might end up being just a parts car. That being said I do have lots of parts for these as well. I would love to meet up sometime.
Matt
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

DonFromTexas

Re: Ruby and Rose.

Post by DonFromTexas »

DonFromTexas wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:15 pm I was not done with my first restoration project when another dropped in my lap. The first is gray rose metallic, so she is name Rose, the second is Deep Ruby metallic, so she is Ruby. I love it.
This one is as nasty as they come I am sure, just look at her. Then look at the brakes, engine and transmission. All renewed very professionally. Of only 1347 Crown Sedans made, I can only find 17 including this one, many of those are in junk yards or overseas. Being good at demo derby contests, it took its toll!
She is looking better with just wide whitewalls and hub caps!
Attachments
njimp18 (2).jpg

Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

ImperialAtom wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:13 pm Hey Doug - I used to live in Pittsburgh for about a year back in 2001. I make my way over there once in a while to see a friend who's into the radio collecting hobby, so will have to meet up one day when it gets warmer and there's fewer viruses flying about. :)
We, pre-COVID, spent a lot of time in Columbus. When things settle down -springtime? We all need to make up for lost socialization. Looking forward to meeting
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron

rhauser

Post by rhauser »

Sluggo wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:14 pm Hello All,

I just noticed this post and thought I would give you a shout out. I live in Mt. Pleasant and have a 68 conv. although this year wasn't a good year for going to car cruises but when I do I normally go to the Irwin cruise on Saturday's. Maybe we can meet up some time.

Robert L Hauser