Let's Introduce ourselves.

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
watchfatha1

Re: Let's Introduce ourselves.

Post by watchfatha1 »

Auto Pilot works two ways: 1) set it for the speed you wish to be alerted to and the gas pedal will push back when you hit that speed, 2) pull the center knob out at the speed where you feel the pressure on the gas and it will hold it. These days it is rare to see one still working. The flasher option is a 4-way flasher activated by a toggle switch under the dash at the extreme left side. If you are not completely familiar with your car turn the radio on and pull downward on the speaker switch; if it clicks to a lower position and the radio suddenly sounds like an echo-chamber congratulations-you have a reverberator. If, on the other hand, the knob simply comes off in your hand, you don't have that option. I've had 4 66 converts (including a twin of my present one, which was shown in "A Bronx Tale") and 3 others, plus 4 64 converts , a 65 convert and a 67 convert. I like the 66 best.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Thanks for the explanation, I'll have to check if mine even has those options. I have not been able to find a reliable decode source for the options tag for my 66 or my 57, and have not yet pulled the back seat to see if there is a factory sheet.

Today actually warmed up and I'll get out there and maybe even drive the car around just a bit.

watchfatha1

Post by watchfatha1 »

I've never understood/bothered with the options tag; just explored the car to determine what it had, or did not have. The most common confusing oddity that throws many people is the "Rear Air" switch. For some reason Chrysler used the same switch, labeled the same way whether the car was equipped with TRUE Dual AC (evaporator and blowers in the back), or simply a rear de-fogger (just a plain blower attached to nothing). The true AC has two pull-up outlets and an entire system in the trunk under the glass, the defogger just has a 18 inch, or so, slit in the rear package shelf. Other than this and the pull-down reverberator switch, I don't remember any other surprises. Maybe someone else does. Oh, on some 66's with power door locks there's a key-activated feature that locks all doors from the driver's outside key. I've never seen one, but it is listed in the book.

ricks_RR

Post by ricks_RR »

Hi im rick i have three cars right now a 1968 imperial convertible 1972 newport custom and a 1969 roadrunner .i live in rindge N.H. and on june 6th we are having our 11th mopars in rindge get together .
i do lot for our veterans ( raising money ) for projects around town and to help with parades

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Welcome Rick! I've never done a parade before. You've inspired me, I may have to look into that this year. :)

ricks_RR

Post by ricks_RR »

as long as your car runs on the cool side its fine

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

ricks_RR wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:00 am as long as your car runs on the cool side its fine
Yes, I can imagine if it runs hot, you won't make it very far.

ricks_RR

Post by ricks_RR »

not fun when the car starts to blow antifreeze all over the place in a parade

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

]Hi, I am Don from Texas - way down in the southern tip. I bought my first 59 Imperial when they were almost new. It was in a used car lot and seemed to be WAAAAAY underpriced (they depreciated big time back then). I loved it but had to sell it when Uncle Sam sent me overseas. I have looked for a replacement ever since and found one last fall in Salt Lake City Utah! It had been sitting in a carport for 45 years, exhaust rotted off, fuel tank with holes you could put your fist in, brakes all gummed up, and tires actually rotted off. After new tires, exhaust system, fuel pump, new carb, and a complete brake job, it is now up and running. About to go for paint any day now.
Attachments
slcimp105.jpg
slcimp105.jpg (232.12 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
slcimp17.JPG
slcimp.jpg
slcimp207.jpg

watchfatha1

Post by watchfatha1 »

NICE! Enjoy it.