Let's Introduce ourselves.

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
bsiliani

Let's Introduce ourselves.

Post by bsiliani »

I would like to post this topic and keep it light. How about everyone who is so inclined, introduce yourself and give as much information as you seem comfortable with.
I'm Bob Siliani, I have been with the Imperial group for about 20 years now.
That is when I first picked up my one and only Imperial : a 1966 LeBaron. I currently having it professionally restored and should have it done by early Summer. The car is in PA where I currently reside. Planning on sharing this car at shows and meets by the end of the year.
Perhaps others will share their vehicles they own and where they live. Who knows, a neighbor may have the same vehicle and you didn't know it.

cadmat

Re: Let's Introduce ourselves.

Post by cadmat »

Hi All MAtt Esposito here, I've been an old luxury car nut my whole life, and joined the Imperial mailing lst and online club at it's very inception about a hundred years ago, when I met Tony Lindsay and his 60( maybe 61?) Imperial convertible he restored, he was my neighbor here in San diego all those years ago in the early 90's.. At the time I had a 69 Chrysler New Yorker, and a 62Cadillac Deville as my daily drivers. and have always had something vintage or classic ever since.. curantly my collection is a 1970 DeVille convertible, 76 Sedan DeVille, 88 Allante, 89 Lincoln LSC, 1990 Imperial sedan my mom bought as a demo in 91, and a 2012 Cadillac SRX my partner drives. So Old cars, and mopars are in my blood!

OldChargerGuy

Post by OldChargerGuy »

Hi, my name is Joseph. I've been a member of the OIC for about 10 years, mainly to learn about the Imperial marquee and decide which model year I would like to buy someday. As my user name indicates, I'm a Dodge Charger fan, and I own two Chargers: a 1966 and a 1968 model. I'm an old guy that likes old Chargers . . . I don't like the new ones. I'll show my Chargers in an appropriate topic in this forum later.

My father owned at least three Imperials that I know of: a white 1962 hardtop sedan, a black 1962 hardtop sedan, and a dark green 1968 hardtop sedan with black leather interior. He mainly used the '62's, my mother drove the '68. My brother Andrew owned a beautiful black on white 1963 convertible that was tragically lost in the 1975 fire that destroyed Seybert's Auto Service, the family business. The car was totally consumed in flames, but the business was rebuilt and continues in operation today, my brother John is proprietor. I recall that the white '62 rusted pretty badly and was scrapped. My mother used the '68 Imperial daily when I went off to college. When I came back years later, it was gone. I suppose she sold it to purchase the smaller car; she just didn't need such a big car with less kids at home. Thankfully, the black '62 Imperial has been preserved and remains in the family, surviving fire (1975) and flood (1980). I'm guessing that Mom still owns it, but John has it in his possession and cares of it.
20191029_122438.jpg
My Dad's Last Imperial, a 1962 Imperial Crown hardtop sedan, resting at the restored Seybert's Auto Service. Looking beyond it and to the right, one catches a glimpse of my 1968 Dodge Charger, currently being restored.

When I peruse the OIC website, there are many model years having great beauty. The model years that stand out to me are 1960, 1962, and 1968. The 1968's make me smile the most, likely because my mother patiently taught me how to drive in that car, and I kept it cleaned and waxed for her to earn favor to use it from time to time. I never drove the '62 Imperial. Now that I'm retired and my mother is nearing her day of passing, I strongly desire to buy a '68 Imperial, just like the one she had owned. It's license tag will read RITAMARY. I hope to have one in time for her to enjoy a ride. The dark green would be great, but almost any dark color will do.
LookingForOneOfThese.jpg
LookingForOneOfThese.jpg (70.97 KiB) Viewed 4804 times
An Example of My Mother's 1968 Imperial.

In the way of personal introductions, I am a single, retired Civil Engineer, now enjoying my six children and ten grandchildren as much as ever. I'm an active volunteer in my church assembly, the Gideons International, and More Grace Outreach where I tutor disadvantaged youth in Algebra and General Math. And, of course, I enjoy traveling the country with my '66 Charger to car shows, large and small.
AACA member since 2012.
OldChargerGuy
1968 Imperial Crown Hardtop Sedan
1968 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge Charger

63ImpCB

Post by 63ImpCB »

My name is Christian Morgan. I go by CB on the forward look forum. I have always liked 50s and 60s mopars and more recently,(2014) I bought a 1963 Imperial Crown that needed lots of work. I rebuilt the engine, front and rear suspension, brakes, and electrical system. The car is slightly modified with the use or front disk brakes, '70 alternator, electronic ignition, relays for the headlights, ignition, and air conditioning blower motor. I daily drive the big Imp so I figured these upgrades would be a good idea.
I am in school for electrical engineering, so I'm usually extremely busy, but will definitely post when I have the time.

dmonetti327

Post by dmonetti327 »

Hi, my name is Don Monetti, I'm from Watchung, NJ. I am a member for, oh, 20 or so DAYS. Googled Imperial and came up with the online Imperial Club. Looks great! I am the latest 'Caretaker' of my grandfather's 1956 four door sedan that he purchased new in August, 1956, which means it has the torqueflite transmission. I am 63 YO, I was about 5 mos old when it was purchased so I've known it my entire life. My grandfather passed away in 1961, yet the car has been in the family all of these years. My Uncle Bob repainted, new upholstery, A/C and minor bodywork in 1969-70, and the car has been virtually untouched since. First place Senior AACA in 1981. Mechanically untouched, arguably one of the best built cars ever. My brother Dale had it with his collection the past 17 years, I took the responsibility over this past summer. It was never (to us) just another car, it resides on some higher level, I think only a few people would understand. It has been the wedding car in scores of family and friend's weddings over the years. Never just one of the other cars, being white always the Wedding Car! We have had numerous Imperials over the years. Drivers in our immediate family in the 60's include a '57 and '61. A friend restored and owns the '55 'Keller Car' convertible. Uncle Bob restored a '51 convertible and a '55 limousine. My father owned and with my brother restored the 1964 convertible 'Mad Men' car back in the '80's (that's a whole story in itself, someday...) Looks like I joined at an interesting time. Hope we can keep all of the info from the past years, a treasure trove of knowledge.
Attachments
IMG_2365 (1).JPG

OldChargerGuy

Post by OldChargerGuy »

dmonetti327 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:05 pm Hi, my name is Don Monetti, I'm from Watchung, NJ. I am a member for, oh, 20 or so DAYS. Googled Imperial and came up with the online Imperial Club. Looks great! I am the latest 'Caretaker' of my grandfather's 1956 four door sedan that he purchased new in August, 1956, which means it has the torqueflite transmission. I am 63 YO, I was about 5 mos old when it was purchased so I've known it my entire life. My grandfather passed away in 1961, yet the car has been in the family all of these years. My Uncle Bob repainted, new upholstery, A/C and minor bodywork in 1969-70, and the car has been virtually untouched since. First place Senior AACA in 1981. Mechanically untouched, arguably one of the best built cars ever.
Don, I love your car story; fantastic that you own your grandfather's Imperial. What a beauty. My Dad's black 1962 Imperial Crown has been in a few family weddings; my brother John takes care of it. I understand how your family feels about the car, it's simply more than a car, certainly on another level of appreciation.
I hope to see you at an AACA show with that Great White someday. You take care. I hope you have heirs in line to continue the car's preservation.
OldChargerGuy
1968 Imperial Crown Hardtop Sedan
1968 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge Charger

dmonetti327

Post by dmonetti327 »

We (family members, friends) attend Hershey every year. I may show it as Preservation this year. Would be fun, its been years since I've shown anything.

Anixon

Post by Anixon »

My name's Allen Nixon. I got my drivers license (actually, learners permit) in 1962. My father was an auto mechanic and service station owner, so I grew up around cars. Dad was a Mopar man, and I became one, too. So I got my learner's permit, and got on my bike and went to downtown Riverside to haunt the Chrysler/Plymouth dealer. There was a red Imperial Crown 4-door Southampton in the showroom, with a red leather/red brocade interior. The salesmen had to keep wiping my drool off it. Finally, they got tired of seeing me day after day (it was summer vacation), and offered me a test drive. In a Valiant, not the Imperial, but I was happy with that.

For years, I wanted to have a 62 Imperial, but it took a very long time before I finally got one, after a long search, in 2013. It was in very good shape when I bought it, and I have been working steadily on it since, to get it as close to perfection as my budget will allow. Here's a picture of it from last year's annual joint meet of the Northern/Southern California Imperial clubs.
Attachments
IMG_0012.JPG

Crown64

Post by Crown64 »

cadmat wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:46 pm Hi All MAtt Esposito here, I've been an old luxury car nut my whole life, and joined the Imperial mailing lst and online club at it's very inception about a hundred years ago, when I met Tony Lindsay and his 60( maybe 61?) Imperial convertible he restored, he was my neighbor here in San diego all those years ago in the early 90's.. At the time I had a 69 Chrysler New Yorker, and a 62Cadillac Deville as my daily drivers. and have always had something vintage or classic ever since.. curantly my collection is a 1970 DeVille convertible, 76 Sedan DeVille, 88 Allante, 89 Lincoln LSC, 1990 Imperial sedan my mom bought as a demo in 91, and a 2012 Cadillac SRX my partner drives. So Old cars, and mopars are in my blood!
Hi Matt, are you still in the San Diego area? I sent you a PM.

Charles
1964 Imperial Crown Convertible
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
1989 Cadillac Fleetwood
1972 Lincoln Continental

slantflat

Post by slantflat »

Hi everyone.

I'm Mike and I live in Atlanta. I don't have an Imperial, nor do I really have an Imperial story. It seems one day I woke up and decided I needed to have a 62 Imperial. So I search. Lately I've been completely consumed by the 56 Imperial. And after talking to a friend of mine about the 60 Imperial I feel as though I'll have one of them as well. That will be a nice trio.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73