1955 Crown Imperial C70 brakes

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
Mopar37287

1955 Crown Imperial C70 brakes

Post by Mopar37287 »

I'm in the process of restoring my C70 with the Ausco-Lambert disc brakes. I need to get new return springs for the rings. That would be four per wheel. I've found a company in California that will make them up to the tune of $24.00 per spring. I will send them one of the few good ones I have for them to copy. If anyone else is in need of these, please let me know soonest as with a larger order, we may be able to get a better price.
Cheers,
Roger
Phoenix AZ

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: 1955 Crown Imperial C70 brakes

Post by ImperialAtom »

I have a side hobby of collecting old radios and a common item that always seems to be missing from old Zenith radios of the 30's are the tapered chassis springs that keep the noise vibration from reaching the chassis and the tubes which would affect the audio quality. These springs (with their bolts) were selling for $50 or more on ebay, so I contacted a Chinese company I found on Alibaba and gave him the measurements of the springs and made 400 of them. With the larger order, it kept the price down so I was able to get a set of springs for all of my radios that needed them, and have been selling the extras on ebay for $10 a set, slowly burning through my remaining stash.

You might want to consider something similar if they is a high enough demand and sell them on ebay or somewhere else. It may take some time to sell them all, but you would get what you need and help others out along the way.