Before and After Photos

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
gary h

Re: Before and After Photos

Post by gary h »

What is the name of the paint color ?

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

It is called "Grey Rose Metallic", a pretty rare color for 59 Imperials, that is why I changed it back to that original color. It does NOT reproduce well in digital photos, often losing all the red part of the color and looking tan. It always gains remarks about how beautiful the color is when people see it with their own eyes. I would call it Mauve Metallic if I were to name it. The original owners wife changed it from Grey Rose Metallic to Deep Ruby Metallic because she did not like the Rose color. By the way, the cars name is Rose!

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Other Chrysler product cars had a similar, if not exact color but to maintain the exclusive top end mystique, they called it "Dusty Rose Metallic" and another that I have forgotten, used it on DeSotos as I recall.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Almost done, still have to put on my newly chrome plated letters and drive it home tomorrow.
Attachments
slcimp385.jpg
slcimp384.jpg

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Wow, looks like a new car! How's the interior looking?

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Looks terrible, lots left to do there.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Got to drive her home tonight, just had to share how to keep the bling up to speed. Have your cell phone case painted the same color as your car! Probably the highest rung on the bragging ladder! :D
Attachments
slcimp387.jpg
slcimp386.jpg
slcimp388.jpg

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Looks great. Just a little dusty from the shop it looks like. Next sunny day get her out and wash/wax her and get some good shiny pictures!