Happy Days are Here Again!

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
DonFromTexas

Happy Days are Here Again!

Post by DonFromTexas »

The previous owner of Ruby found the ID tag! Makes me so happy to be able to restore her correctly. Here is the codes and explanations: The only real surprise was the silver top! Factory advertisements said there were NO two tones in the Deep Ruby Metallic, although I could find NO remnants of Ruby paint, I think I will love her silver top!
The bottom ending code of AC6 has not yet been decoded.

A 0310 M637104955
633 B 604 LTT PW DL9 H5 T
M2 H08 R5 AP RM HD1 AC6 S

Vanity mirror over sun visor
Door guards
License plate frame
Built March 10th
Warren Ave Detroit factory
4955th one built
633 code, Crown 4 door Sedan
Silver Top, Deep Ruby Metallic bottom
Power Windows and flite sweep deck lid
Heater, no air conditioner
Painted top
Outside left remote control mirror
Foot switch radio tuner
No auto pilot
Standard tilt rear view mirror, inside
15 inch wheels
Automatic headlight dimmer
3 horns
Solex glass

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: Happy Days are Here Again!

Post by ImperialAtom »

Very cool. Do you have a good decoder list for the different Imperial years? If so I can post a sticky thread on the forum as it is something most people usually have questions about.

DonFromTexas

Re: Happy Days are Here Again!

Post by DonFromTexas »

I wish I did. One can go to this address: https://1959imperial.shutterfly.com/decoding
and find that Marty Trendler has taken it upon himself to do it for the 1959, so far as we know it does not exist anywhere. By this slow process he has had good success by feedback from owners. Probably the same codes apply to other years, I have no idea. We still have some NOT decoded, like the AC6 at the bottom right of my tag we still have no idea what it means.