Any 1955 Imperial Newport Owners On Here?

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
DonFromTexas

Any 1955 Imperial Newport Owners On Here?

Post by DonFromTexas »

I am looking to obtain some information about 55 Imperials, anybody want to talk?

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: Any 1955 Imperial Newport Owners On Here?

Post by ImperialAtom »

Thinking of switching from your 59 collection to a 55 collection? :)

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Not really, there was a 55 on Ebay that I could not let go too cheaply. Needed all chrome re done and a paint job, and where I am located all that could be done reasonably. It went over my limit.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

It just sold for $3750 maybe. There were two (or more) shill bidders who were running the bids up, then retracted their bids to make it go back down to the last bidder in the line. I actually love auctions, but get real angry when the seller thinks he is smarter than everyone else and can beat the system.
I would have loved to buy it, since what it needed I can provide, like an entire re chroming and some paint and body work. Suspicious was that it did not run. This guy would never offer it without putting in some fuel and seeing if it ran. He probably did and not want to share the results. Transmission is also then in question. I can almost assure you that someone did not just put it out to pasture when it was running and shifting just fine.
No big loss, I have more than I can handle anyhow, and it will probably show up on auction again.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

I've always had that opinion when someone says it was running/driving when parked 30 years ago. If that were the case, why did you park it and not use it for 30 years? Something was very likely wrong with it.

Too bad you were not able to save it, seeing your other work, I'm sure you would have treated it right.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

The market is just not strong enough to come out of it right. If someone DID actually buy it, they might have wanted it above market price since their dad or mom had one back then. I hope it went to a good home. I suspect someone did not know what they were doing, and when they attempt to restore or use it, it may be back on the market again. There is a strong possibility that it did not actually sell either, I just they take care of it.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Obviously there were THREE shills padding the bidding. Now it is on for another try of course.