now Imperial-less again

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
Mark0

now Imperial-less again

Post by Mark0 »

last saturday i unexpectedly wound up selling my 64 convertible, rosewood (mauve) 64 crown coupe and my 64 crown coupe parts car.
i had realised that at this point i was in pretty deep $wise and to finish them properly i was going to have to spend a huge amount more.
which just didnt make sense.
they have gone to a passionate collector of mopars with deep enough pockets to see that they are done right. he has many muscle cars, wagons and some imps & a c body or 2.
i think the imps will probably wind up in the car museum he is building.

normally i just ignore the amount spent and enjoy the cars but at 30k cdn$ spent so far and prob another 60k+ thats too much even for me.
i got about half of what i have into the 64 imps and im fine with that.
for me it was not having to spend any more on restoring, repairing and storing them.
unfortunately the 64 on imp converts just dont have as high a value as the 57-63 converts which was another factor.
i will still stay on the forum and perhaps offer any knowledge i have if needed.
i wouldnt be surprised if i wind up with a fuselarge imp in the future but not now.
and if i was to buy a convertible, it would be someone else's restoration instead of me doing it.
i know of a very nice older restored 64 imp convert that i could just about buy with what i got......

mark
64 Imperial Crown convertible - Ivory, 64 Imperial Crown Coupe - Rosewood (Mauve), 66 Corvair 4dr htop, 69 Monaco 500 convert, 70 300 TNT convert, 71 Fury Custom Suburban wagon, 78 NYB Salon - documented last Canadian C body, 80 Rover SD1 4.6

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: now Imperial-less again

Post by ImperialAtom »

You will miss having it... you better get that other 64 lined up. I have been looking at the 62's... they sure look nice. But I also really like the 55/56 as well. So hard to decide and I don't have any space living in a modern neighborhood.

Let us know what you end up doing, and if there's something particular you are looking for, let us know so we can keep an eye out.

gary h

Re: now Imperial-less again

Post by gary h »

Sorry to hear.