Original Title

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
slantflat

Original Title

Post by slantflat »

Hi everyone.

When I bought my Imperial a couple years ago the guy said he had the original title somewhere and when he found it he'd send it to me. After a year of reminding him he said he couldn't find it and he thought it went into the burn pile. So I sort of forgot about it.

Couple days ago he texted and said he found it and was mailing it. I was so excited! So now I have it, it's the small looking title and it's got the original owner's name on it and the selling dealership. Very cool. I'll see if I can put up a picture.

So only 60 years later the car has its original title back.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: Original Title

Post by ImperialAtom »

That's great! I had the original title with my 57 and when I went to get the new title, they took it. I took a picture of it before they took it from me, but I seem to have misplaced it. They said they would mail it back to me, but that never happened.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

FYI - to add the image, click the "Full Editor & Preview" button at the bottom so you can get to the attachments section.

slantflat

Post by slantflat »

Adam that's too bad about your title. I got my Grandmother's Valiant and I had the original title, and before I transferred it I asked if I could get it back. The woman said sure and put a note in with it. I was skeptical that I'd see it again, but the State of Illinois sent it to me with a stamp in the middle of it saying it was cancelled, but I got it none the less. I've tried it other times and had no luck.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73

slantflat

Post by slantflat »

Okay we'll see if this works. I know you can't read anything that's on the title, but it's cool to see one of these original titles. Next to it is the envelope it was sent in, and there's a picture of the punch card that I assume was what the line workers used to assemble the car.

Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

It looks like you are dragging in an image from your gmail. It's putting in a link to gmail on your post. You will probably need to download or save the image to your computer first, then upload it to your post here.

slantflat

Post by slantflat »

Really? It shows up just fine for me. Maybe because the computer is seeing it differently. I'll try it a different way.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73