Help Needed

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
wypowerwagon

Re: Help Needed

Post by wypowerwagon »

You might figure it out but I will add that in the middle picture, the rear of the door is to the right side of the picture, the door skin is at the bottom.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Big help!!!
I had sorta visualized something like your photo shows for holding the lock into the door. I am confused as to the location of the oval hole and the round hole. Good to see that your door does not agree with the service manual either. I am guessing the photo you took is of the retainer in the "retained" position? Will be back at it Monday and see if I can make something work.

wypowerwagon

Post by wypowerwagon »

Yes, the retainer is in the retained position. I was back at that property today so I figured I'd get a couple more pictures. A bigger view of both access holes and hopefully a better visual of the angle needed to reach the retainer. Sorry the last picture is sideways, now the rear of the door is at the bottom of the picture. I tried to turn the picture but it would only go 180 degrees, not 90 degrees, I'm not great when it comes to this type of technology. As you can see, a tool with a hook would be the best for moving the retainer. 66 years of being in the same spot will make it difficult to move also.
Attachments
20220626_110346.jpg
20220626_110530.jpg

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Big Help! I am now ready to tackle it with aggressive action!

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Gamble and lose. After pulling the glove compartment lock and having a key made for it, the key does not unlock the trunk. Short on time but will try more forcing it and lubing it. So far it looks like I wasted $96 having a key made for the globe box. I WAS trying to go counterclockwise to unlock despite the instructions above that I need to turn it CLOCKWISE to unlock. More later.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Can you pull the back seat in these to gain access to the trunk?

wypowerwagon

Post by wypowerwagon »

That is a bummer the glove box key doesn't want to unlock the trunk.

These cars have the air conditioning unit mounted in the trunk and his is factory a/c, no access that way.