Build Record

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
wypowerwagon

Build Record

Post by wypowerwagon »

If anyone is wanting a build record for their car, Danielle at Stellantis Historical is the one to contact. Her email address is danielle.szostak@stellantis.com . Send her an email and she will send you an order form to fill out. You will need to send year, make, model, vin number and proof of ownership such as a copy of the title, registration, or notarized bill of sale. They have a limited staff with limited hours so it takes a while to get the build record, mine took less than two months, others may vary. She emailed me the information on the original selling dealership and a copy of the microfilm of the build record, all free. They used to decode it for you but they don't anymore. Date built and date shipped is on there and maybe some day I will figure out how to decode everything.

slantflat

Re: Build Record

Post by slantflat »

I just emailed Danielle and she got right back to me. I asked about my 68 Valiant, and she said they only have records up to 67. I also have a 60 so I might send her a request for that. I already have the info for my Imperial, pretty cool stuff.
Imike
1962 LeBaron
1956 C73

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

Something that may help, over on the 1959 Imperial Shutterfly account extensive work has been done to decode he 59 trim tag. I would suspect some of the code terms may be still the same as 56..

wypowerwagon

Post by wypowerwagon »

I knew I forgot something and it was that they only have information on cars from 1930-1967, trucks from 1930-1954, sorry about that. You are correct Don, there is a possibility that 1959 codes were the same.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Thanks for the tip, this is great - got an email off to her, so will see what I can find out about my two.