1968 Upper Fuel Line(s). What do they look like?

Topics related to the powertrain - engines, transmissions, and related parts.
OldChargerGuy

1968 Upper Fuel Line(s). What do they look like?

Post by OldChargerGuy »

Hey, Imperialists:

I just received my carburetor, freshly rebuilt, from my carburetor-genius buddy. He had to replace the bowl; a previous owner installed a Ford-style bowl. Its fuel inlet was for a rubber hose; that's what I have on the car now. My carb guy said I'll have to get proper fuel lines to connect the fuel pump to the corrected carburetor.

As I haven't worked on a 440 engine in decades, I don't recall what the proper fuel line(s) look like on a '68 Imperial Crown, K-series engine, Holley carburetor. Is the fuel filter inline between the pump and the carb? Is it a 5/16" or 3/8" line? I thought I'd check with the group before I search the market for the parts. NAPA has no listing for fuel lines for this model.

A couple of pics for reference . . .
Here's the carb before shipping it. Note the nipple for a rubber hose on the front of the carb.
Here's the carb before shipping it. Note the nipple for a rubber hose on the front of the carb.
The rebuilt carb with the proper bowl and brass fitting for the fuel line intake.
The rebuilt carb with the proper bowl and brass fitting for the fuel line intake.
OldChargerGuy
1968 Imperial Crown Hardtop Sedan
1968 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge Charger

DetMatt1

Re: 1968 Upper Fuel Line(s). What do they look like?

Post by DetMatt1 »

1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

OldChargerGuy

Post by OldChargerGuy »

Thank you, Matt.
I ordered the fuel lines and filter a few days ago from Mancini Racing, just a few bucks more than the eBay price; I finally connected with a sales rep there that understood what I needed. It didn't matter that my car wasn't a B-body, of course, but other places said they weren't sure they'd fit a Y-body car.
Mancini Racing is a speed shop (or hot rod shop) specializing in Mopar muscle since 1972, but their restoration section can be a lower-cost alternative to other classic restoration parts suppliers.
Thanks again for posting.
OldChargerGuy
1968 Imperial Crown Hardtop Sedan
1968 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge Charger

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

Been to Mancini’s many times, just a short drive for me.
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/