Sentry system

Non-powertrain topics related to the interior or exterior - seats, paint, electrical, chrome, etc.
Fran Roach

Sentry system

Post by Fran Roach »

My Check gauges light is on solid. The fuel tank is full but no reading at gauge. The temp is normal but no reading at gauge. Grounded tank wire to check but gauge did not move. Did the same with temp wire.
Oil pressure & Volt amp gauges are working. Found what looks like a relay under dash that feeds power to the check gauges light. We disconnected what seems to be the tank wire and another wire that we are not sure what it is but still have power through this switch or relay to the check gauges light. We are able to disconnect the power wire to gauge light from here also. Lost as what to check next.

Not sure if this is related but we have no power to our instrument fuse at fuse box now. That looks like it's feed from the light switch to fuse box then to panel. We can jump fuse box and lights in dash will come on. thinking light switch ?

Fran Roach

Re: Sentry system

Post by Fran Roach »

oh ya it's a 66 crown

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

Sorry you’re getting crickets here and I wish I had an answer for you but I’m scratching my head too.
It is easy to say work in reverse from the end point where you should have power but don’t all the way back to the source to see where this failure is. All the while cleaning and tightening all connections.
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

Fran Roach

Post by Fran Roach »

Thanks,
Seems there could be a regulator under dash from an old Chrysler book we have.
Hunt and peck till fixed I guess. This car went into a body shop today for a couple of months so we got plenty of time to think about it. It was my first time driving her on the road since 1991. Love that ride and the looks she gets. It's going to be a long 2 months. On to the 68 Ford XL front disk brake kit to keep me occupied till then.