1968 Imperial: Where is the Emergency Flasher?

Non-powertrain topics related to the interior or exterior - seats, paint, electrical, chrome, etc.
OldChargerGuy

1968 Imperial: Where is the Emergency Flasher?

Post by OldChargerGuy »

The emergency flashers, or 4-way flashers, on my 1968 Imperial don't work. The turn signals needed a new flasher, so I picked up an emergency flasher in case that was the problem; cheap enough to try it. The turn signals cycle much better, but I'm still looking for the emergency flasher. The service manual reads, "The flasher is taped to the main wiring harness leading to the bulkhead disconnect." Where is that?

Oh. I haven't introduced my Imperial yet; my first one. I will soon. It's just like the one my mother owned when she taught me to drive.
OldChargerGuy
1968 Imperial Crown Hardtop Sedan
1968 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge Charger

Red

Re: 1968 Imperial: Where is the Emergency Flasher?

Post by Red »

If I recall right, one of the flashers is pretty much directly over the passenger’s right foot, tucked just up under the dash. But I can’t remember if that’s the turn signal or hazard flasher...

OldChargerGuy

Re: 1968 Imperial: Where is the Emergency Flasher?

Post by OldChargerGuy »

Thanks, Red. The turn signal flasher is under the driver's ash tray, just left of center of the entire dashboard. I'll look at the far right area, passenger side.
OldChargerGuy
1968 Imperial Crown Hardtop Sedan
1968 Dodge Charger, 1966 Dodge Charger