Chrome Attachment Clips

Non-powertrain topics related to the interior or exterior - seats, paint, electrical, chrome, etc.
DonFromTexas

Chrome Attachment Clips

Post by DonFromTexas »

One of the biggest challenges to restoration of a 59, are the little things. The clips that attach the chrome are very strange ones, and I have never found a source for new ones. Some where or the other I have found them, but these have me stumped! They hold the trim below the trunk lid on, and look like this photo of one, about a half inch top to bottom. Anybody have any or know of a source?
Attachments
njimp89.jpg

DonFromTexas

Re: Chrome Attachment Clips

Post by DonFromTexas »

I forgot this forum twists photos. The 1/2 inch measurement of the clip is left to right with this photo.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Do you have a picture of the other side of the clip?

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

I have done a LOT of body work in my time, but NEVER saw anything like these. Once off, they cannot be reinstalled, but I have done it by a self drilling and tapping screw in the round hold to hold them on. I have laid awake nights trying to figure out how the heck they put them on in the first place. Those little tabs are NOT spring metal.
Attachments
slcimp419.jpg

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Some engineer likely was paid a nice bonus for coming up with that terrible, yet cheap, design.