Trying to track down info on an odd duck: 62 LeBaron

Non-powertrain topics related to the interior or exterior - seats, paint, electrical, chrome, etc.
dart165

Trying to track down info on an odd duck: 62 LeBaron

Post by dart165 »

Good evening!

Figured this would probably be the best spot for some knowledgeable folks to weigh in.
I just saved a 62 Imperial Lebaron from becoming an engine donor for a B body, and am finding it to be a really interesting car. I went to look at it outside at night and based on how solid and complete it was I made the deal to buy it. It is covered in rattle can black primer, but the jambs and inner panels seemed to be light (I figured white when I looked at it that night.) It's originally a Florida car, that made its way up to Michigan in 1992. When I got a better look during the daylight, I found that its original color appears to be Willow Green. While I've found that there's no real way to find out how many 62 Lebarons were ordered in such a strange color, I have to assume there weren't many.
I know it's a long shot but I figured I would ask anyway if anyone knows (or knows how to find out) how many there were, or since it's such an odd color if anyone knows the car.

And!

On top of the light green exterior, it's wearing light blue door panels with an otherwise black and white interior... I'm assuming the door panels have been swapped out at some point since I can't believe someone would actually want or would be able to get that kind of hideous combo. Am I wrong?
Attachments
50965240988_ef89074d72_o.jpg
50966054002_9d42519a5b_o.jpg
50966053807_8131dee2fb_o.jpg
50964669151_f505a4b513_o.jpg

dart165

Re: Trying to track down info on an odd duck: 62 LeBaron

Post by dart165 »

Ok, I take back the second question about the door panels. Dug out this loose white one which seems to be the original.

That said... anyone got a set of door 62 LeBaron door panels? :D