Tackling the wind noise on my 1963 Imperial

Non-powertrain topics related to the interior or exterior - seats, paint, electrical, chrome, etc.
63ImpCB

Tackling the wind noise on my 1963 Imperial

Post by 63ImpCB »

Good afternoon fellow Imperialists

After a few weeks of replacing weather stripping and doing window adjustments, I finally gotten the Imperials interior pretty well sealed up. The wind noise is much less severe then before the adjustment. I do have three areas I would like to address a little more. 1. The very top where the front and rear door glass frames meet. There's a very small pinhole of light coming in and I'm sure that this can be remedied. I was thinking that I might make a sham to place behind the roof rail weatherstrip. That might close up the very small gap. Any other ideas?
2 and 3: they are a little more straightforward. It appears that I'm missing a piece of weather stripping below the C pillar where are the door and glass make contact. Does anyone have a photo of what these weather strips look like? Where can I find replacements? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_20200128_123242212.jpg

gary h

Re: Tackling the wind noise on my 1963 Imperial

Post by gary h »

For Hard to find Weather strip you can try "Quirey Quality Design Co." They took over Gary Goers business a couple years ago.

gary h

Post by gary h »

Here is another good company for Weather strips and such. "Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc."

63ImpCB

Post by 63ImpCB »

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely check those places out. Does anyone know what to do about the very small gap at the top of the rear edge of the front door?

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

63ImpCB wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:35 am Thanks for the replies. I will definitely check those places out. Does anyone know what to do about the very small gap at the top of the rear edge of the front door?
Maybe a piece of felt with a sticky side to it. It's not so much to stop the air, but to stop the noise.

63ImpCB

Post by 63ImpCB »

Great idea! Thank you