Rechrome pieces

Non-powertrain topics related to the interior or exterior - seats, paint, electrical, chrome, etc.
rhauser

Rechrome pieces

Post by rhauser »

I just had the trim pieces on the bottom of the trunk lid on my 68 Imp redone. there are two long pieces (left and Right) that fit under a center piece that is notched out to fit them. after I got the three pieces back I notice that one side won't fit into the notch anymore and looks like the center piece might need to be bent open a little to fit. Anybody run into things like this when having pieces rechromed. Does anybody know the best way to do this without damaging the chrome?

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: Rechrome pieces

Post by ImperialAtom »

I did the front bumper on my 57 two years ago which was about 12 pieces. Had several issues with the chrome after tightening things down and some things not lining up.

The thin pieces I had on the sides that I could bend myself I went ahead and did so. If they have issues later I'll deal with that then.

The large pieces that were not chromed correctly and peeled up after tightening, and some pieces that just didn't line up at all, I had to send back to have the chrome shop fix it. They covered the cost of shipping it back and got them out to me right away. They have stood by their work at least, so I'm happy about that.

I used D and D chrome: http://www.dandrchrome.com/ I know there are some other places that people recommend, but they were so backed up I finally picked D and D for their ability to turn it around quickly and stand by their work.