59 Imperial Kew Blanks

Non-specific topics such as stories, experiences, and other general discussions.
DonFromTexas

59 Imperial Kew Blanks

Post by DonFromTexas »

If anyone knows of some old key shop that has blanks like this, I would love to get some.
Attachments
slcimp369.jpg

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: 59 Imperial Kew Blanks

Post by ImperialAtom »

I looked about a year ago, have not been able to find any yet. Would buy some for my 57.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

I suspect if someone found a new set of blanks, the price would be very high!

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

I got a couple inquiries out to a few Chinese key factories to see if they can reproduce them and how much it would be. I'm guessing we'll need to buy something like 1000 keys minimum, but we'll see what they say. Maybe we can get a few guys in on the deal and we'll each be set for life with key blanks. :)

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

I would be game for that. Some over on the 59 Imperial Shutterfly board would be also.

DonFromTexas

Post by DonFromTexas »

For what it is worth, the gas tank reproductions are only requiring a 300 items order. We could deal with that, and the key blanks would be much simpler.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

I got a 57 gas tank from Vans for about that price. That's a great price for a custom gas tank.

Might be a while on the keys.. if I find someone to do it, I'll need to mail them the keys I have so they can create the new ones. I got a spare from a NOS door lock cylinder I picked up a year ago, so I can send them those.