OHIO - Anyone in the Columbus area?

Looking for help in your area? Want information on local car shows? Look here!
ImperialAtom
Site Admin

OHIO - Anyone in the Columbus area?

Post by ImperialAtom »

Looking for some other Imperial (or even non-Imperial owners) in the Columbus, OH area. Please let me know if you'd like to meet up or chat, can always share car tips.

Impkidd

Re: OHIO - Anyone in the Columbus area?

Post by Impkidd »

I am from Alliance, Ohio about 2 1/2 hrs NE of you. I have a 61 2 door and a Plymouth Prowler. Had a 65 Imp convertible for 32 years, and recently sold it. Been to the Mopar Nats a few times, but it is mostly for the muscle car crowd. lots of cruise ins in the state. We may meet half way sometime. Rob.

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Absolutely - be sure to subscribe (button at the bottom of a forum) to the events forum here so you'll get email notices when there's new posts there. Once the quarantine has lifted, I'll be posting some events there that I plan to attend. Hopefully we can meet up somewhere in the middle as you say.

Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

Not exactly close, I'm in Pittsburgh, but we spend time in your beautiful city. We have 1967 Imperial Crown. She's been troublesome and is not yet roadworthy, but will be by late summer.
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Post by ImperialAtom »

Sorry to hear the old girl is having trouble getting around. If you find yourself over in my area, let me know.

I lived in Pittsburgh for a little over a year. Was a fun time in my life when I was single and traveling around working different jobs. I don't feel that old, but that was over 20 years ago now. :(

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

Sluggo wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:52 pm Not exactly close, I'm in Pittsburgh, but we spend time in your beautiful city. We have 1967 Imperial Crown. She's been troublesome and is not yet roadworthy, but will be by late summer.
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Please tell us about your ‘67.
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

Sluggo

Post by Sluggo »

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Please tell us about your ‘67.
[/quote]

DetMatt1, you asked so: I bought it looking only at pics, knowing it was rough, but it was a one owner car with a solid body. We get serious in June, this will use up my vacation time and budget for 2020, but my wife and son love cars almost as much as I do:
Brakes are shot, going to do a conversion with a kit from Roger at AAJ Brakes, new lines, m/c and proportioning valve also had Power Brake Exchange in Pgh rebuild the booster
Sent the instrument cluster out to Redline gauges for the volt meter conversion
The lights all work except the headlamps, so went with a kit, relays etc, from Daniel Stern
Valve stem seals and an exhaust in July
Last thing for 2020 is shoulder belts

Any advice is welcome and appreciated!

Thankfully my brother and my 14 yr old son will lend a hand.

Doug
Doug Sako
1967 LeBaron