My REAL Original 64 Caddy Sedan DeVille 4 window

If you have another vehicle you'd like to discuss, here's the forum for that.
watchfatha1

My REAL Original 64 Caddy Sedan DeVille 4 window

Post by watchfatha1 »

64 Sedan DeVille* four window. ORIGINAL. Not re-done with the exception of part of the right side MANY, many years ago because the old lady scraped the side against the garage wall. Other than that, it is as it left the factory. All windows, 6-way seat, Climate Control and search tune radio work properly-as does the drivetrain. While these cars are fairly common, finding one in this condition is not.

*NOTE: "Sedan DeVille" is the correct model series designation for this car. Many people don't understand that there's a difference (especially in 1964) between a Series 62 four window and a Sedan DeVille 4 window. Not only are the appointments upgraded in the DeVille but in 1964 there was also a mechanical difference: DeVille had the brand new Turbo Hydramatic 3 speed automatic, while the Series 62 (and series 75-limos) retained the old, 4 speed Hydramatic units. The difference in the feel of the car is significant.
Attachments
at bennys.JPG
64 caddy interior.JPG
64 rear 34.JPG
dash from right.JPG
rf window switch closeup.JPG
door edge.JPG
rf door panel.JPG

ImperialAtom
Site Admin

Re: My REAL Original 64 Caddy Sedan DeVille 4 window

Post by ImperialAtom »

That looks to be in amazing condition. Do you have a picture of the engine bay also?

watchfatha1

Post by watchfatha1 »

Nice, but nowhere near as clean. I'll try to take one.

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

Beautiful car!
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

JPHall

Post by JPHall »

Absolutely amazing! Love the color.

watchfatha1

Post by watchfatha1 »

Thanks. I usually prefer more "serious" colors (black, dark green, dark blue) for a Caddy or an Imperial, but because I am primarily a "Condition-buyer" I was delighted to acquire it. It has grown on me.

DetMatt1

Post by DetMatt1 »

Stunning automobile!
1967 Crown Coupe, 1964 Impvertible, 1971 Challenger convertible, 1968 Road Runner, 1967 Mobile Director
http://mattmichalec.com/

coco

Post by coco »

I wanted a 64 for many years and came close to buying a similar looking 63. I then discovered 67 and 68 Imperials and went on the hunt with no joy ! ended up buying a 62 Cadillac but was never really happy with my choice so now she is gone ! and back on the hunt for a 67 or 68.

Your car is lovely and I'd have been happy to own it. :mrgreen:

I assume you are a member of http://6364cadillac.ning.com/ ? Jason who runs it is a great guy and provider of spares. ;)

watchfatha1

Post by watchfatha1 »

I love anything that is crisply original. I've had 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67,68, 76, 77, 78 Caddies. 64 is the last with the true Caddy Ride Quality; lots of float, which I love. I've also had every Imperial from 1959 to 1968 (with many multiples) and while the 67/68's are by far the fleetest of foot, they are nowhere near the quality construction level or the feel of the body-on-frame models. The 67/68's are also MUCH more difficult to work on, as even the heater core in an earlier one is an easy job; all under the hood and essentially a "bolt-off" job. I've had many others including Buicks, Chryslers, Pontiacs, Oldsmobiles, a Nash, Packards, Volvos,Mercury's, Chevies, Dodges, Lincolns and more (about 125 in total). I keep coming back to the cars of my teens (60's) but don't really like most brands after 64 because that was the year they became "homogenized" with similar transmissions and vastly different suspensions, thereby eliminating the very unique feel of operation of each car.
Yes, I am a member of Jason's club, which I consider an invaluable resource. He's a nice fellow, too.